Tuesday 1 September 2009

Hey, I've had a great idea...

I had a baby in January, and have found that crafting time is almost non-existent for now.

Happily, El Bub is a cheery soul, and seems to enjoy sitting in his highchair and watching me cook.

Last week he had a playdate (I know, I know), and the chosen venue was having a book sale. Despite my determination not to spend any more money on books for a while after the great Borders closedown spree, I am easily swayed. I got some classics for El Bub, and then I saw it.

"The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook"

It was on sale for silly money, and it only took a quick skim before I knew it had to be mine. As soon as El Bub was in bed, I started reading it, mentally ticking off the recipes I wanted to try.

Here's the twist though, I am gluten-intolerant, and El Hub has
Coeliac Disease.

So, my challenge is to recreate the recipes into decent gluten-free versions.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooohhh! I can't wait to see how you get on with this! x

    ReplyDelete